SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile
Most unreinforced SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile applications are for goods that require transparency and chemical resistance. Cigarette lighters, battery covers, and see-through appliance components are only some common uses. At temperatures up to about 80 °C, the impact resistance of SAN reinforced with glass fiber is drastically reduced. Temporary spikes to 95 degrees Fahrenheit are allowed, but not consistently; the highest permitted temperature is 85 degrees. Frequent temperature changes cause no harm. SAN has great flow and almost no shrinkage during injection molding, making it ideal for high-precision components. Water meters frequently feature lubricated graphite-coated SAN moving components. Due to its amorphous nature, the material is extremely strong and resistant to impact at temperatures up to 80 °C. Extremely little moisture is absorbed, only 0.1% at 23°C/50% RH and 0.2% when completely saturated. Measurements and mechanical properties are barely impacted by humidity.
Diluents of acids, bases, oils, greases, and aliphatic hydrocarbons are tolerated well. Still, aromatic hydrocarbons, esters, ketones, and concentrated acids pose a greater threat. Chlorine salts can bring on stress fractures. The mechanical properties degrade and become yellow from exposure to UV light. Thus, it is suggested that those used in outdoor settings go for black or specially UV-stabilized varieties.
Usage of SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile
Transparent and resistant to oils, fats, and cleaning chemicals, SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile is ideal for kitchen mixing bowls, basins, and refrigerator fittings. Tableware, cutlery, coffee filters, jars, beakers, and storage containers of various shapes and sizes are all made from it. Multi-use tableware for the hospitality industry is another potential market. Because of its durable nature and the ease with which it can be printed, SAN is used for a wide variety of office and industrial applications, including the outside covers of printers, calculators, instruments, and lamps. It is also widely used in the bathroom (toothbrushes and bathroom fittings). Scales, battery housing, winding cores, writing and drawing equipment, and air conditioners with cylindrical impellers are a few other examples of where you could find a cylinder.
appliances (electrical and electronic)
SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile
Technical data sheet & Chemical Formula
SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile is a stiff and clear plastic made from a copolymer of styrene and acrylonitrile. Incorporating the rigidity and transparency of polystyrene with the strength and resistance to polyacrylonitrile’s heat and solvents creates a SAN material. It first appeared in the 1950s; it is used in various products, including automobile components, battery cases, kitchen and home appliances, furniture, and even medical equipment. Approximately 70 percent of SAN is made up of styrene units, while the remaining 30 percent is made up of acrylonitrile units. Polymerization occurs when the two chemicals are combined with free-radical initiators in a bulk-liquid mixture or a water-based emulsion or suspension. It has the molecular formula (C8H8)n-(C3H3N)m.
|Tensile Strength: 3.40 – 3.90 N/mm²|
|Notched Impact Strength: 250 Kj/m²|
|Thermal Coefficient of expansion: 70 x 10-6|
|Max Cont Use Temp: 55 oC|
|Density: 1.08 g/cm3|
Packing of SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile
SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile is usually packed in 25 to 500 kg PP or woven bags.
Safety & warning & transportation of SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile
The hazard communication standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200, has determined that SAN Styrene Acrylonitrile is non-hazardous. Get them outside into the fresh air; if symptoms linger, take them to the doctor. If you need medical help, get it. If you get molten material on your skin, don’t put ice on it; instead, cool off under a rushing stream. If the chemical gets on your skin, DO NOT try to wash it off. Removal could cause serious damage to surrounding tissues. Seek medical attention immediately. There must be a secure, well-equipped emergency shower available at all times. If you want to really take care of your eyes, splash water in them for a while. Keep flushing for a long time after the first moment, and don’t take off your contact lenses. Seek medical attention, specifically from an ophthalmologist, if these symptoms continue. If swallowed, seek immediate medical attention. Constipating potential. No special steps are needed to transport it.